Drumbeat are hiring! We’re currently looking for a highly-motivated, self-starting Web Developer to join our small, friendly, professional team here at MediaCityUK.
As a Web Developer you’ll be responsible for developing new and maintaining existing client websites. You’ll ideally have a year, or two, of digital or design agency experience and should be comfortable taking the technical lead in web projects.
At Drumbeat, you’ll work alongside a project manager and the design team to ensure websites are delivered to brief and budget. You’ll sit in on client briefings and help define the scope, timelines and budgets for digital projects.
In terms of your technical skill set we’d love to see the following:
- SCSS or similar CSS preprocessor
- CSS frameworks: Bootstrap, Foundation, SemanticUI
- Gulp / Grunt
- Responsive HTML Email development
- Experience of custom build CMS development thorough understanding of PHP / MySQL and PHP Frameworks.
- Setup and administration of databases, primarily MySQL
In an ideal world you’d also have:
- Exposure to Laravel Framework
- Experience of other PHP frameworks: Zend, Symfony, Code Igniter etc.
- Open source CMS experience using Wordpress / Drupal / Magento /Expression Engine/ CraftCMS
- Experience with Module/Plugin development in Wordpress and Drupal.
- A good understanding of OOP / MVC
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Working knowledge of version control systems using Git (Command Line or GUI)
- Experience of server management tasks using Plesk / cPanel or similar package.
We know that there may be some on-the-job learning and we’ll happily support your training requirements, but if you’re able to work under your own steam and would like the autonomy to drive the technical direction of the projects you are working on, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send your CV including some example site builds to: email@example.com
Strictly no agencies.